Seeking Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative.
No experience required but, is preferred. Property and Casualty/Life and Health License is a plus.
The Commercial Lines Client Service Agent performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding clients with service need and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pre-qualifies own new business according to agency standards.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment supported by transactional filing; determines if delayed or advanced billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly; uses each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, round it and market it.
- Informs and educates clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusion, and insurance coverage needs.
- Provides technical support to producer(s) to benefit clients and to reach agency’s strategic business goals.
- Prepares proposals and completes application in coordination with producer(s); submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; obtains client signatures on all applications; follows up to ensure timely receipts of quotations and policies.
- Explains clients’ needs by producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy.
- Actively seeks referral from current client base; follows up to generate new business by using prospect data base and automated marketing tools.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review.
- Remarkets renewals, contacts clients, creates renewal proposals, and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the producer(s).
- Renews policies following agency standards; verifies each renewal’s accuracy; ensures that all renewals are produced.
- Review audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Maintains and updates, electronic, transactional, and paper files.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes all incoming mail requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct-billed cancellations and takes appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; requests cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies producer(s) according to agency standards.
- Processes and follows up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Reviews walk-in payments and verifies acceptability; processes, as appropriate, providing receipts to payers or directing the receptionist to do so.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, obtaining adjusters or visits from agency staff; facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status to keep insured’s informed and to work toward settlement of all claims; uses each claim contact as an occasion to review coverage’s and market as needed.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage and rounds out accounts through sales to clients; leaves good documentation of all contacts.
- Refers current and prospective clients to Life/Benefits Department and to Personal Lines for solicitation of those lines of business; assists in profiling the commercial book of business of marketing purposes.
- Assists in design of, or independently designs, insurance plans for clients assigned and directed by agency management.
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage’s and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintains up-to-date technical manuals and understands how to perform technical tasks to expedite client service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college education desirable or equivalent insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receives and interprets complex information, and responds appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty, Life and Health License.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usage.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverage’s, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect files.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to perform 70% sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and exert negligible force, frequently or constantly, to move objects, including the human body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically, as needed.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communications, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less and a 40 db less and 500 hz, 1000 hz, and 2000 hz with or without correction.
- Physical efforts required including fingering as a repetitive activity, grasping, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others accurately and quickly, reaching, standing, and lifting light objects under 10 pounds.
- High pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the position and physical requirements normal to the position. Principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties; other duties may be assigned, as needs arise or as required to support principal duties.
- This description is not intended as contract and is subject to change and revision, as needs arise. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE OR IN PERSON AT 172 W Austin ST. Giddings, TX 78942. If you have any questions please call Kristina Matthijetz or Theresa Krause at 979-542-3449.